Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

No.218 Squadron

218Steve

Hi,

New to the forum and Great War aviation in general.  I am the association historian of No.218 Squadron and I'm afraid to say I have never really researched the squadrons activities between April 1918 until its disbandment in 1919.  I have collected via the NA 400 odd pages of documentation on the squadrons activities with No.82 Wing however I am struggling with locating a few key documents.

Can anyone please tell me where at the NA I can find the 82 Wing Records. Also, I could not find the 218 Squadron records book, I did find a few selected pages but not the records book, does it exist? if so where should I be looking?(Copy below). Also I have a nominal roll of pilots on the squadron with operations flown, but sadly trying to read some of the entries is difficult, would the pilots be recorded in the 82 Wing records.   I am happy to share what documents I have if anyone is interested.   

Ramble over.

Kind regards

Steve 

Great War 19.jpg

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes I have seen these, from which I had copied the 400 odd pages. Sadly the squadron ORB was not  located, other than a few individual pages which to be honest makes me so want to find them!

Thank you again.

Steve