Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

PAYNE FAMILY MEDALS Trimingham Norfolk

Looking for the whereabouts of this group of family medals which I discovered were sold on Ebay July 2015 after an uncles death and a house clearance.

111408 Pte A. W. Payne Tank Corps (my grandfather), his brother 8187 Gnr H. Payne Royal Garrison Artillery, (BWM and LS&GC) and 016614 Pte N. Payne Army Ordnance Corps (BWM).  Also in the sale were my grandmothers ID card and my uncles call up to the RN.  There were some photos in the sale as well.  If these can be traced then perhaps the new owner would kindly let me have some scans of the documents/photos ?  I am old enough to have met both Albert and Harry Payne who survived the war.

I would also add Tank Corps to the thread title.  This will help catch the eye of the forum members who research the Tank Corps.  You might find some of them are Medal collectors, or log all sales of medals with a connection to the Tank Corps.

Mandy

The Tank Corps medals are not with me.

There is I guess a small chance it may be with Simon Payne as he is also a Tank collector.

I kind of have a feeling I may have seen it at some point simply because the name will have caught my I because of Simon.

That's a nice grouping of items.

Mike.