Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

GW Welsh Soldier possible in Boar war

BIFFO

I am researching a welsh regiment soldier Lance corporal Edward Rees 6098,2nd battalion, kia second battle of Passchendaele,I have seen a passing reference to him fighting in the boar war,are there any Welsh regiment gwf who could find out when he signed up which reg

.when WW1 broke out he rejoined early on in 14.and sent to france late 14,so he possibly could have been a career soldier ?

His name is Edward Rees born 1881 YSTALYFERA Glamorgan, IF he fought in the boar war he would have been a boy soldier, 

Biffo:poppy:

Hi Biffo

FYI

Ancestry has him as 6 00 98  Lance Cpl "IRISH" Regt. on Soldiers' Effects !!!!...looking

An Edward Rees married one Mary Ann Jones, Pontypridd, Glamorgan, 2nd qtr 1902, 11a, 971.

There is an E. Rees  Pte.4171,  Mounted Infantry and Welch Regt. on the 2nd Boer War service Record on Ancestry. Welch Regt entry states "Casualty with extra information" gives a link to the site but I don't subscribe http://www.casus-belli.co.uk/index.asp?display=checkcredits&soldierid=30419

Regards Barry 

Edited by The Inspector

Thank you very much Barry:thumbsup:

,I have his personnel information I just wanted to know about his boar war service, I thought 3rd batt militia, but more than likely the Welsh, will go have a look see on the well known site

Biffo:poppy:

Edited by BIFFO