Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Urgent help with grave coordinates, Belgium

Cazpet

Hello, 

I had some help a year or so ago with identifying the location of the GG grandfather's (James William Charles Smith 2450a) original grave using the coordinates in his war records. I can't seem to find them anywhere and I will be visiting Belgium tomorrow and I was hoping to visit the area. I thought I had them saved on my computer but I can't seem to find them anywhere! Can anyone help me find the current location? From memory it was in a field next to a small house. I have attached the documents. Many thanks!58f8ae6700492_exhumationJWCscreenshot.png.cfac8fa106ab8f99007fbd23a038187c.png58f8ae617da9f_BuriedJWCscreenshot.png.adec1d4cae6de9efd462f29d67e01337.png

I think I may have found the original post and maps. I thought they may have been deleted as it was a few years ago. I'm not sure how to delete the post now! Cheers

You will find your entire post here  together with the information you need:  

Just now, WhiteStarLine said:

You will find your entire post here  together with the information you need:  

Thank you, I just found it as well. For some reason when I searched it said all posts older than 12 months are deleted so I thought it was all gone! I'm so glad its still there because I forgot how much effort people had gone to to help me! I thought I would have been more organised after travelling half way around the world to finally be in Belgium! Thanks again, Caroline