Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Red Rose

Vis-en-Artois Memorial - Panel 6

Red Rose

If anyone has an image of Panel 6 at the Vis-enArtois memorial for W.J. Patterson Duke of Wellington's West Riding Regiment.

A copy would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Michelle Young

you could fry asking temptage as he's due to go by there 

Red Rose

Thanks Michelle - Will do.

Gareth Davies

I will be there a week on Sunday. But I am notoriously unreliable and am very likely to forget. 

Red Rose

OK Gareth -  but if you can and remember :) the photo I require is an image of Panel 6 at the Vis-enArtois memorial for W.J. Patterson Duke of Wellington's West Riding Regiment.

Thanks.

Gareth Davies
Posted (edited)

Red Rose

Not only am I unreliable, I also sometimes talk complete and utter nonsense. I will indeed be in the Arras area but I have just checked the program and it seems that we aren't going to the Vis en Artois memorial after all. Sorry to have given you false hope.

(You know he was in a White Rose Regt)

Edited by Gareth Davies

JasonMc

I'll be back at Vis en Artois in July and no problem to take a photo then if you are still looking but I'm sure someone will be there well before that.

I will go through old visits as I've been a few times as my great-grandfather is commemorated there and taken many, many, photos of it on the off chance I have  photographed that panel

JasonMc

It's the same panel as my Great Grandfather so I've taken an overall one for perspective but unfortunately the names aren't clear. 

Top right seems to be Duke of Wellington.

My man is in the small panel in the very middle and I've closeups of there but nothing that far over.

IMG_0472.thumb.jpg.5d26e6c8fc2e8817e529b6c8b2a6f41c.jpg

bobpike

Please email me your address and I'll send Patterson

Bob

Red Rose
18 hours ago, Gareth Davies said:

Red Rose

Not only am I unreliable, I also sometimes talk complete and utter nonsense. I will indeed be in the Arras area but I have just checked the program and it seems that we aren't going to the Vis en Artois memorial after all. Sorry to have given you false hope.

(You know he was in a White Rose Regt)

No problem Gareth. - Enjoy your trip.

Yes many of the lads from round here were in white rose regiments. We are right on the Lancs / Yorks border. Although most were in the Manchesters.

18 hours ago, JasonMc said:

I'll be back at Vis en Artois in July and no problem to take a photo then if you are still looking but I'm sure someone will be there well before that.

I will go through old visits as I've been a few times as my great-grandfather is commemorated there and taken many, many, photos of it on the off chance I have  photographed that panel

Thanks Jason - It seems I will be covered for this before then but I appreciate the offer.

Red Rose
59 minutes ago, bobpike said:

Please email me your address and I'll send Patterson

Bob

Thanks Bob - Done!