Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

151st company MGC

Andy Lucas

Hello.

I have read somewhere that the 151st company MGC evolved into "C" company when the 50th battalion MGC was formed. I also read that 149th became "A" company, 150th became "B" company and 245th became "D" company. Is this correct ??

I am trying to retrace my great uncles lady movements before being killed on 27/05/18 and it would be a great help if I could narrow units down. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Andy Lucas said:

Hello.

I have read somewhere that the 151st company MGC evolved into "C" company when the 50th battalion MGC was formed. I also read that 149th became "A" company, 150th became "B" company and 245th became "D" company. Is this correct ??

That was the general protocol.

Some MGC Battalion diaries noted this on formation on the 1st March.

As you’ve probably seen the 50th Diary had some ‘transitional difficulties’ in that each Company kept a separate diary for March and April.  The front page of 151MG Coy. for March 1918 has a typewritten note, ‘BECAME C COMPANY 50TH MACHINE GUN BATTALION’

WO95/2843/6 at TNA

or here on Ancestry

Similar entry for March diary for 149 MG Coy for March ‘became A Company etc’, not checked the other two but guess they will be the same.  WO/95/2831/5 At TNA

Ken

Hi Kenf48

thanks for replying so quickly. You certainly know your stuff by the sound of it. I much appreciate you confirming this for me. 

Andy.