Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Books about War in the Carpathians Mountains 1915

Hello,

I am writing diploma and I need some books which are connected to First World War in Carpathian Mountains in 1915. That´s very important to me. I am from Slovakia and books from others countries are very expensive for me and far from me :( Please help me. 

If you know something more send me an email matus.burda@gmail.com

Please

Thank you so much

The official German and Austro-Hungarian Histories of the war have been digitised, as set out in the following link

Digital First World War Resources: Online Official Histories — The War On Land by Dr Robert T Foley defenceindepth.co

Have you tried digital libraries such as the Internet Archive? https://archive.org

There perhaps might be something in some of the online history series and periodical publications.

See the FIBIS Fibiwiki page First World War, section Historical books online/History series and periodical publications

https://wiki.fibis.org/w/First_World_War#History_series_and_periodical_publications

Cheers

Maureen

Austria-Hungary's Last war 1914-1918 the Austrian official history is online in German and English. I believe the Russian official history is also online in Russian only

glad to be of help here are some more books that deal with the fighting there

Collision of Empires and Germany Ascendent 1915 by Prit Buttar

Breakthrough the Gorlice Tarnow campaign Richard DiNardo who has a historical presitation on this book on youtube

A Soldiers notebook by AA Brusilov

Blood on the Snow G Tunstall is the only book dealing soley with this battle but its a REALLY bad book