Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Bavarian 2nd reserve infantry regiment

Sturmmann1918

Hello all, I'm looking around for some information on the Bavarian 2nd Reserve Infantry Reg. I'm not having any luck online, maybe someone with a better understanding of the 

German language could help.

I've been creating a small collection of death cards of soldiers from this IR killed in action on May 9th, 1915 at Arras. Little information is online about this particular battle,  but it seems the Polish legion attacked German trenches at Vimy with 75% losses. I am trying to find out how many from the 2nd RIR were killed and wounded as well as any info that could be found about this particular battle. I appreciate everyone's help here, you're all awesome!

Edited by Sturmmann1918

You undoubtedly mean the Bavarian Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 2...

Jan

58 minutes ago, Sturmmann1918 said:

Polish legion

It would be interesting to find who this element were

30 minutes ago, AOK4 said:

You undoubtedly mean the Bavarian Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 2...

Jan

Whoops, only a large mistake right 😉 thank you!

18 minutes ago, fritz said:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Königlich_Bayerisches_2._Infanterie_Regiment_„Kronprinz“#1914

A little information on Wikipedia. But there is a regimental history in the list of literature.

No, that is the active regiment, the poster wants info about the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 2...

There's a few pages about 9 May 1915 in the regimental history, I checked. They were apparently attacked by the French 48, 70 and 88 Infantry Regiments according to the regimental history.

The "Polish Legion" was in fact nothing more than some Poles serving in the French Foreign Legion, see http://cheminsdememoire.gouv.fr/fr/les-polonais-en-france