Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Battle for the North Sea

Marilyne

Good morning all, 

My darling sister pointed me to the following exhibition: 1914-18 – The Battle for the North Sea, open to the public from 23 April to 31 August 2018 in the Provincial Court in Bruges, Belgium. 

More information: http://www.vliz.be/en/2018-Expo-WWI-the-battle-for-the-North-Sea

I'll definitely go once I'm back home!!  

Marilyne

You should! :)   Worth mentioning is that all 11 original Zeebrugge and Ostend Raid VC's are on exhibit!  This is the first time they have ever been gathered in one exhibit.

If anyone is visiting and would like to have a (free) guided tour of the exhibition feel free to contact me.  I'm officially guiding visits to the exhibition and schedules allowing it would by my pleasure to oblige.

cheers from Flanders

l4h

I went on Monday 23rd as I was in Belgium for the Zeebrugge 100th Anniversary. My Grandad was in the naval storming party on Vindictive!

It is a good exhibition, although it has to be noted that there is only a small section relating to the Zeebrugge Raid

Correct. Was in Zeebrugge on 23rd and the exhibition on 26th and yesterday 28th.  Too bad we didn’t meet. Would have loved to hear more about your Grandad’s story.

• 5 months later...
On 29/04/2018 at 15:59, love4history said:

Correct. Was in Zeebrugge on 23rd and the exhibition on 26th and yesterday 28th.  Too bad we didn’t meet. Would have loved to hear more about your Grandad’s story.

Hi... I was in Zeebrugge again yesterday and will be back there over the Armistice weekend at some point