Jump to content
Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Name of Regiment please


David_Blanchard

Recommended Posts

I originally thought this was a photograph of a member of the DLI. I now have my doubts. Any help appreciated.

 

Thanks,

 

David 

A8906388-919B-4743-A469-13C4665F656E.jpeg

D9BCEDC6-ACDC-4A11-943F-02B10B1CB771.jpeg

4AA3A773-78C7-432C-AA61-C45CD930B8DD.jpeg

Edited by David_Blanchard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like DLI to me though with my lack of knowledge it could be anything I suppose!

 

Simon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As collateral evidence, Lawson is a common name in Co Durham

 

Robin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Robin Garrett said:

As collateral evidence, Lawson is a common name in Co Durham

 

Robin

 

As is Doris Robert and Winifred

 

Ray

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As per the rest of the chaps, I'd say defiantly DLI. :)

 

Chris

Edited by Dragoon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found only one Lawson married to a Winifred- a Lawson Darby - but couldn’t find. MIC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would expect that the couple on the card are probably the senders, Doris and Robert. The question is, what is Robert's surname.

I would put forward a possible from the 1911 census that Winifred M Roberts could be the Winifred May Roberts born 1893 in Cornwall. She had a younger sister, Doris Hilda, born 1899. Doesn't help identify Robert though.

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ss002d6252 said:

I would expect that the couple on the card are probably the senders, Doris and Robert. The question is, what is Robert's surname.

I would put forward a possible from the 1911 census that Winifred M Roberts could be the Winifred May Roberts born 1893 in Cornwall. She had a younger sister, Doris Hilda, born 1899. Doesn't help identify Robert though.

Craig

 Cannot find a Doris Roberts marrying a Robert between 1916 and 1918

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, David_Blanchard said:

 Cannot find a Doris Roberts marrying a Robert between 1916 and 1918

I couldn't either but they may not have been married.


Craig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...