Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Royal engineer's

Luca

Hi all

I'm looking for help on finding my great grandfather's battalion in the RE's. He was called John jack Parslow Patterson and on his record it is recorded as JJP Patterson as a sapper in the royal engineer's ( service number 152 493 ) but what I'm looking for is his battalion. He was from wexford Ireland and joins in 1914 and worked in a post office pre war and would be grateful on any held in finding his battalion.

Thanks Luca 

22 minutes ago, Luca said:

Hi all

I'm looking for help on finding my great grandfather's battalion in the RE's. He was called John jack Parslow Patterson and on his record it is recorded as JJP Patterson as a sapper in the royal engineer's ( service number 152 493 ) but what I'm looking for is his battalion. He was from wexford Ireland and joins in 1914 and worked in a post office pre war and would be grateful on any held in finding his battalion.

Thanks Luca 

A search of near numbers finds 152499 Spr. Walter R. Nobbs;  a telegraphist with the N.E.R  pre war, who served with 25th Div Signal Coy,  and 152450 Spr. Charles F. Hoare; 14th Div. Signal Coy.

Your G.Grandfather may also have had pre war telegraphy experience, and been employed in a similar role. 

First things first, his mic shows pair only, BWM's and vic , roll only shows number and spr. Not much help.

no service record so regimental museum possibly.