Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Vimy Ridge - Sept/Oct

Hi

Only just signed up today so still getting to know where things are in the forum. 

Im trying to put a trip together for friends and myself to visit Vimy Ridge in Sept/Oct so currently looking for Recommendations on hotels in and around Arras. If this is in the wrong area I do apologise in advance. Look forward to looking around and reading the forum. 

Kind Regards

Steve

• Admin

Hello Stephen and welcome to the GWF.

I've split your post off into a new thread so more people cn see what it is abot rather than being added to a long list of hotels etc.

Regards

Glen

GWF Admin Team

• Admin

There’s a great B&B in Vimy, another in Thelus. Also a good gite un Farbus. All listed in the accommodation list by me. 

Michelle 

• Michelle Young unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Recommend the usual hotels in Arras railway square, Novotel, Holiday Inn --standard chain hotels clean and comfortable with a good breakfast and within easy reach of restaurants and eateries, especially the bar opposite the railway station, highly recommended. Love to stay at Arras people  very friendly, speak English wherever possible and an easy drive around Arras and Somme sites. SG

Would definitely recommend the place where I am sitting in Arras right now: Places Appart. Small apartments in a town house in Arras, so you have the option of cooking for yourself if you want a break from eating out. Breakfast is included. We found it on booking.com, but you can contact the lovely owners direct at www.placesappart.com. 

The location is superb, between the two beautiful squares.

Edited by supersub

Recommend the Mercure Atrium, more or less opposite the railway station. Underground private parking included for residents, very convenient. Little bit more expensive, but very clean and modern.