Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for info on Roy William Frederick Angus, RFC/RAF

Where's Drago?

Hi all, 

I'm looking for information on Roy William Frederick Angus of the RFC for a memorial project.

Almost everything I've got on him is his CWGC entry and some census information.

He was killed in action on 13 August 1918, while part of the 148th Squadron. I have some information on him performing in a school concert, and other than his RAF casualty report, this is the sum total I have on him.

If anybody knows anything else of his military career, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jason  

Find my past throws up the following results for Roy William Frederick Angus . But you will need a subscription to get further to see which are indeed your man.

5ab6482bbcea7_AngusRWFFMPHits.JPG.3e85ceec755dc7872af6bac310d201c4.JPG

Charlie

Edited by charlie962

A quick check of the above shows that the last 3 are not relevant. The others are all for your man. The 1915 Service Record is him in the Welsh Horse, before being commissioned into the RFC. Previously worked for Min Labour, London 1910-1915.

Charlie

Edited by charlie962

You will also find him on RAF Casualty Cards here

Continue searching on the same site as there are other cards for him. The RAF Roll says Killed while flying 13 August 1918 aged 23. In F.E. 2b B7843 accompanied by AM1 G W King

Edited by charlie962

Wow, thanks Charlie. That's a terrific effort. The Welsh Horse thing is the new lead I was looking for. Fabulous.

Regards,

Jason

8 minutes ago, Where's Drago? said:

The Welsh Horse thing is the new lead I was looking for.

Actually you will find this

5ab652313fbb1_AngusRWFwelsh.JPG.837e5288e128181a99947ea80bbfe4d2.JPG

that was 15th RWF I believe.

Edited by charlie962