Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Six Nations

Petroc

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any bars around the main Arras squares that are showing the final weekend ('Super Saturday') of the SIx Nations this year? 

I would guess quite a few of them, and certainly England-France.

Good excuse for a pub crawl to check them out. 

Enjoy

Cheers Martin B

Cheers, Martin

Certainly hoping a for a good afternoon / evening! The reason I asked about anywhere specific is that this year we might not actually be arriving in Arras until very shortly before the England-Ireland game kicks off, so am hoping to be able to dump bags and leg it for a beer straightaway! 

Andy

Ah, you're talking about a week tomorrow! Will still be on French tv, channel 2. Don't forget it will be an hour later in France than UK time.

England still have to get past France tomorrow. Not that I mind -- with dual nationality now, I'm on an each-way bet.

Cheers Martin B

After yesterday......oh dear.....yet will still be an occasion, a wonderful tournament after all! Expecting (and hoping) to be getting to Arras at around 3pm after a few hours in the Peronne area

This post reminds me, of staying on the Somme. 

The hotel, was showing the Euro’s and the male receptionist/ barman wasn’t very helpful and the night the French were playing. He was no where to be seen, the female receptionist from the day shift, was covering but what a change,  more chairs were brought into the bar area and she also placed out snacks.  

He came in after the match had finished and you could tell he wasn’t happy, when he saw what she had done. 

If your our going to Arras, try the Irish Bar in the small square.  They do serve Guinness and I can’t remember if they have a television or the English bar on the main sqaure