RWF Soldier or RAF

BIFFO

Just when things are going ok  a spanner gets thrown  in the works

I have a man David Morgan Edwards

all correct home details 1891-1901 1911 wales census

RWF REG NUMBER 16153

EMBARKED TO FRANCE 1-12-15

DEMO INFANTRY DEPOT 15-2-19

his medal roll states he was in 13TH-16TH Battalion,while looking for the war diary of the 13th this puzzle shows up

right man, correct name,correct birth date/place correct  mothers name

different service different serial number 

is this a typo OR ????

confused :wacko:

:poppy:

puzzle.jpg

Edited by BIFFO

4 hours ago, BIFFO said:

Just when things are going ok  a spanner gets thrown  in the works

I have a man David Morgan Edwards

all correct home details 1891-1901 1911 wales census

RWF REG NUMBER 16153

EMBARKED TO FRANCE 1-12-15

DEMO INFANTRY DEPOT 15-2-19

his medal roll states he was in 13TH-16TH Battalion,while looking for the war diary of the 13th this puzzle shows up

right man, correct name,correct birth date/place correct  mothers name

different service different serial number 

is this a typo OR ????

confused :wacko:

puzzle.jpg

David Morgan Edwards. 188058 gives an address of 10 Rees St. Treorchy, Glamorgan.  Ocupation. Collier. 

1911 Census for 10 Rees St. Treorchy. Glam.  Head. - David. 48. Coal Miner/Hewer.  Margaret. 44.  David Morgan. 23. Coal Miner/Hewer.  Thomas John. 20.  Coal Miner/Hewr.  Trevor Bowen. 8. 

Is he your man?

Thank you for your reply GWF,:thumbsup:

I know all about the man where he lived his family his job his wife,his death. he joined rwf went to France 1-12-15 with the 13th Batt rwf,demobbed at infantry base 15-2-19 started as a private ended up lance corporal,have his medal roll states he only served with the 13th-16th rwf,so where has this for raf  record come from ???

that's the puzzle

CLIVE- HYWYN come quick your wanted !!!!!

The original RAF record is on FMP.  Joined 23/5/18. Posted RD Felik: Stn 30/5/18 (Felixstowe?). Occupation Collier. Baptist. Mother showing as Margaret living at 10 ???? St. To RAF Reserve 14/1/19. Discharged 30/4/20. Say enlisted as a Private; so no mention of army service. Street is probably Rees.

Are you saying you know DME living at 10 Rees St is definitely an RWF man or what exactly?

16153 D M Edwards is on a RWF wounded list dated 29 4 1918 (usually 4 to 6 weeks from event to list). He is shown as from Swansea.

1911 Census have around six 'David Morgan Edwards' in the South Wales area of fighting age. (haven't assessed those showing as David M Edwards). There is one at Swansea, at 141 Chemical Road, Morriston. Ancestry have initially indexed him as David Marion but it looks as if someone has submitted his real name which is Morgan (see original doc) as he turns up on a 'David Morgan Edwards' search.

I cannot find any documents for the RWF man which puts him to the Treorchy and would say that these are two different men i.e.

RWF man from Swansea

RAF man from Treorchy

There is a photo on Ancestry of a David Morgan Edwards in uniform and what is arguably a RWF cap badge.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/mediaui-viewer/tree/79229096/person/42407476182/media/bcb2339c-8d5d-4cc6-a753-61ceaad02865

When you click on his link over on the right  it provides the details of the Swansea man at 141 Chemical Road (His brother Benjamin was WW1 casualty)