Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Which Is The Best Supplier

Dazscuba

Looking at buying some more medals but which in your opinion is the best place to purchase WW1 medals? 

Do you mean originals, or the modern replacements?

Well, without wishing to appear flippant, whoever has the ones you are interested in.

Great War Medals, London Medal Company, Chris Dixon and many others carry good selections of Great War medals.

If it's Coldstream guards then me !

Dnw and spink always have nice medals for ww1 

Any regiments in particular ?

Thanks for the above gents and yes Coldstreamer I am interested in the RFA or RGA. 

32 minutes ago, Dazscuba said:

Thanks for the above gents and yes Coldstreamer I am interested in the RFA or RGA. 

At the budget end ebay has a constant supply of RFA or RGA medals;  Trio's - £50+, Pairs - £40+, or single medals from as little as £10.  

Edited by GWF1967

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 07:32, Dazscuba said:

in your opinion is the best place

Daz,   The Best is the one who has what your looking for at a price you can afford.  It's not unlike buying a used car.  You have to search several dealers and know what you want.  Only way to do that is the web.  Good luck.    :thumbsup:

the medals or the story?

if you want to stick to RFA or RGA as said above, they tend to be the budget end of the market as often they are not as researchable as line regiments. Ive a couple of casualty trio's not much paperwork and just over £120, a 'line' casualty would command half as much again.

search with Google , another place is 'The Saleroom' this is a site that the majority of auction houses use. prices can be lower but you get hammered on commission. and if not able to collect postage. Ive had a pair and plaque turn up in oversize box for £15, waiting a plaque and certificate quoted £27 same company, ebay or a dealer would probably charge £6.95 max.

Thanks again gents, I have just started buying and so it’s good to have a view of people on here and find new places that sell them. 

Do you get anywhere near Mark Carters military fair's. Can't post link on iPad at work. There are a few up north. Can normally haggle a few percent off for cash sales.

Chaz just stated buying so will have a

look on tinterweb for Marks Military fairs cheers