Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help to find a soldier

brummie76

Hello.

Continuing research on my family tree i have discovered another cousin whom served in the war however this time i believe he survived and served throughout the war. Can anyone please help me to find information on an Andrew Jeavons, I dont know much about him however i believed he was born in Dudley around 1882/3. I think he served with the South Staffs and Royal Engineers as i have found his medal card,  

South staffs - 2624

RE - 308314

South Staffs - 240428

RE - 491778 and 308314

Can anyone inform why he has so many numbers please?

Thanks again everyone for your assistance

The 2 South Staffs numbers are for 1/6 Battalion (137 IB of 46 Div), the longer one being a 1917 re-number of the TF.

308314 is in the Waterways and Railways Div of the RE, and 491778 is a 1917 re-number in the series allocated to 3 North Midland Field Company.

Whether your man had trained skills for this RE work may materialise here. 1911 Census might show his trade.

There is a Militia record for him on FmP where he enlisted in 1901 and left time expired in 1907

And the 1939 Register gives him as an Iron Moulder born 15 Jan 1882

And his WW1 service record is on Ancestry - click link

And rather than reinvent the wheel, there is a large and detailed tree on Ancestry - click link

Edited by corisande

I cant see the info on ancestry.com as i cant afford the membership. The family tree you refer to may be of my own creation as ancestry allows you to do that for free. Can anyone copy his service record please and email to myself?

Thanks both

If you don't want to use Ancestry or FMY very often there are various offers they have to give free access.  These are often around Bank Holidays so look out for some over Easter and the May bank holiday weekends.