Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New book "Serbian Army - Weapons of Victory 1914-1918"

Schneider

Dear members,

I want to inform you that a new book about the First World War has been published.

There are many more models of Rifles with ammunition and Bayonets presented. The book also contains a historical chapter that describes the role of the Serbian army in World War I. A special accent was given to the struggles of the allied army on the Salonika front.

Whole book is in English language, large size, 467 pages, printed in full color on the Italian paper and with hard, matte-plasticized covers.

Here are some photos from the book....

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_8377.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_8363.jpg

I'm confused. The book looks nice, but if it's about the Serbian Army, why are there photos of Scottish and French uniforms?

6 minutes ago, Steven Broomfield said:

I'm confused. The book looks nice, but if it's about the Serbian Army, why are there photos of Scottish and French uniforms?

Well the French supplied and equipped the Serbian forces later in the war so that make some sense - intrigued by the Scottish connection too - unless it is a Serbs fought alongside these blokes in ..(Salonika)or wherever.

2 hours ago, 4thGordons said:

Well the French supplied and equipped the Serbian forces later in the war so that make some sense - intrigued by the Scottish connection too - unless it is a Serbs fought alongside these blokes in ..(Salonika)or wherever.

Yes, you are right. In book is also and Historical Chapter. In this Chapter has two sets of 10 mannequin dressed in the uniforms of the Allies and the forces of the Central powers on the Salonika front. First set is show uniforms 1915-1916 and second is for 1917-1918. (helmets, gas-mask etc)

Serbian soldiers on this photo is dressed in French "Bleu Horizon" uniform.... 

Ah. Thanks.

The colour plates look absolutely brilliant. I'm awestruck with admiration as to how these books are so meticulously compiled. Do we know the price?

I note that the cover states Volume 1, and so I presume that volumes 2 onwards will be on other (Balkan?) armies?

Thank you geraint!

Price is 80 Euro + shipping. If you interested you can ordered on e-mail: weaponsofvictorybook@gmail.com

or via FB page https://www.facebook.com/oruzjenasihpobeda/

Volume II will cover machine-guns, trench mortars and artillery. Volume III will cover uniforms, field equipment, hand guns and hand-grenades.... Of course, also about Serbian Army in WW1

Here is the latest update about the book :

Serbian Army ~ Weapons of Victory ~ 1914-1918 ~ Volume I

Hot off the presses from John Sheehan, longtime Field Editor at GUNS Magazine and his close friend and co-author Branislav V. Stankovic, a long-time WWI expert working within the Serbian Museum system, is a new comprehensive work on the small arms, bayonets and ammunition used by the Serbian Army during the course of World War One. “Serbian Army ~ Weapons of Victory ~ 1914-1918 Volume I” is 468 hard-bound pages of detailed information, period photographs and color photographs of the various firearms, bayonets and ammunition issued to the Serbian soldiers who served in the frontline trenches during the course of the Great War.

The book includes a history of the campaigns fought by the Serbs against the Austro-Hungarians, Germans and Bulgarians. The numerous models of Mauser designs purchased on contract from Mauser Oberndorf, DWM and Steyr of Austria, are addressed from the design phase, through trials and ultimately to their use on the battlefields of the Balkans. The Russian supplied Berdan II and M1891 Three-Line Rifles, aka Mosin-Nagants, which were used to great effect in defeating two Austro-Hungarian invasions, are discussed in detail. Captured and re-issued enemy weapons from the Austrians and Bulgarians were pressed into service. Turkish weapons captured during the 1st Balkan War were also issued to Serbian units during WWI, with a chapter devoted to Turkish Mausers and Peabody-Martinis.

Following the collapse of the Serbian front through weight of numbers, the remnants of the Serbian Army escaped over the snow bound mountains of Albania to be rescued by the Allied Navies. Following the recovery and reorganization of the surviving Serbs, they were re-equipped with French firearms and deployed on the Salonika Front where they fought for the remainder of the war.

Volume I will be followed by Volume II that will cover machine-guns and field artillery, while Volume III will cover uniforms, equipment and close combat weapons.

To order a copy, email Bane Stankovic at weaponsofvictorybook@gmail.com in the E.U. or John Sheehan at titiger7@yahoo.com in North America. In Europe, the book sells for 80 Euros plus shipping, while in the United States, the price is $110 U.S. including shipping. Thank you for your interest in our work!

• 1 month later...

Serbian Army ~ Weapons of Victory ~ 1914-1918 ~ Volume I

Hot off the presses from John Sheehan, longtime Field Editor at GUNS Magazine and his close friend and co-author Branislav V. Stankovic, a long-time WWI expert working within the Serbian Museum system, is a new comprehensive work on the small arms, bayonets and ammunition used by the Serbian Army during the course of World War One. “Serbian Army ~ Weapons of Victory ~ 1914-1918 Volume I” is 468 hard-bound pages of detailed information, period photographs and color photographs of the various firearms, bayonets and ammunition issued to the Serbian soldiers who served in the frontline trenches during the course of the Great War.

The book includes a history of the campaigns fought by the Serbs against the Austro-Hungarians, Germans and Bulgarians. The numerous models of Mauser designs purchased on contract from Mauser Oberndorf, DWM and Steyr of Austria, are addressed from the design phase, through trials and ultimately to their use on the battlefields of the Balkans. The Russian supplied Berdan II and M1891 Three-Line Rifles, aka Mosin-Nagants, which were used to great effect in defeating two Austro-Hungarian invasions, are discussed in detail. Captured and re-issued enemy weapons from the Austrians and Bulgarians were pressed into service. Turkish weapons captured during the 1st Balkan War were also issued to Serbian units during WWI, with a chapter devoted to Turkish Mausers and Peabody-Martinis.

Following the collapse of the Serbian front through weight of numbers, the remnants of the Serbian Army escaped over the snow bound mountains of Albania to be rescued by the Allied Navies. Following the recovery and reorganization of the surviving Serbs, they were re-equipped with French firearms and deployed on the Salonika Front where they fought for the remainder of the war.

Volume I will be followed by Volume II that will cover machine-guns and field artillery, while Volume III will cover uniforms, equipment and close combat weapons.

To order a copy, email Bane Stankovic at weaponsofvictorybook@gmail.com in the E.U. or John Sheehan at titiger7@yahoo.com in North America. In Europe, the book sells for 80 Euros plus shipping, while in the United States, the price is $110 U.S. including shipping. Thank you for your interest in our work!