Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

At The Sharp End & Shock Troops by Tim Cook

Wayne Harris

I've been looking for these 2 titles in hardcover, which unfortunately are quite pricey, however the reviews seem pretty good. Has anyone read these, and able to recommend or give further comment?

Many thanks

Edited by Wayne Harris

• 3 years later...
On 17/02/2018 at 11:11, Wayne Harris said:

I've been looking for these 2 titles in hardcover, which unfortunately are quite pricey, however the reviews seem pretty good. Has anyone read these, and able to recommend or give further comment?

Many thanks

Hi Wayne

u have just started these two in reverse order, currently about half way through Shock Troops and I must say! Hands down awesome read.  The information is well written and keeps the readers attention, and is well structured by topics on the foundations of the battles.  They include a great deal of first hand accounts from those who were in the fight.  

I started with shock troops as I have been researching an office who’s compass I have received as an artifact, belonging to LCol W.S. Latta of the 29th Bn (Vancouver) CEF, and his experiences are written about a number of times in the book.

I was fortunate to find my hard cover second hand and in great shape.

Hope you find and enjoy. 

ps - Apparently there is a new WWI book by Dr Tim Cook -  The secret life of Soldiers.

cheers!  Jim