Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

&4 Squadron Roster

WhiteWings

I am re-editing my grandfathers' war materials for publication. One was in #74 RFC.  After being shot down, he wrote a 'squadron history' which is a parody and a send-up of GHQ. It ended up in the hands of someone named Chisholme, who had been in 74 and was loaned to Doug Tidy when he was researching I Fear No Man in the early 1970s.  The son (who loaned it) is identified as W. Oliver Chisholme.  Although Tidy quotes extensively from it, I don't believe it is the entire text and would love to track it down. I can't find any record of a Chisholme in #74. Any ideas here? Thanks! 

I don't suppose you have any idea what part of Britain he was from or how I might contact his descendants. Hi son is the last known person to have had the manuscript.

Is it at all possible that Chisholm(e) could have been my grandfather's batman - prior or during his time as a storeman?  I am just curious asto how he would have ended up with the manuscript.  It would seem that Caldwell did not see it - or at least when he did (when Doug Tidy was writing his book) he did not know it was Len Richardson's work.