Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cyril Lloyd Moubray

Retired Dave

Hello All,

A soldier of this quite unusual name is listed at the IWM site "Lives of the first World War" with a service number (628009) and an attached Canadian Attestation form. Date of Death  "not yet known". Birth shown as 1894.

A Second Lietenant with the exactly the same name is listed KIA 9th October 1918 and buried in Forenville Military Cemetery near Cambrai. He was 24 and a holder of the Military Cross. He is listed as Royal Engineers 76th Field Company with parents shown as the late Mr A R Moubray, R,N,R and Mrs L A Moubray of Vernon Cottage, Sturry, Kent.

Can any of you experts reconcile the two.

I am keen to reach any family of the man buried in Forenville for the centenary event that will take place most likely on Sunday 7th October 2018 at the cemedterty and the local village.

Thanks

Dave

image.png

Hi Dave, they are the same man, screen shot from his MIC his Canadian Service File..

Andy

Screenshot_20180211-163851.jpg

Screenshot_20180211-164318.jpg

Edited by HolymoleyRE

Hi Andy,

Thank you for that, I thought it was probably the case.

I will see about updating "The Lives of the first world war " listing at some point.

I have not had any luck locating any family.

Thanks again.

Dave

From my reckoning Father was Arthur Rolland Moubray, and the mother was Louisa Anna...he had a sister Gladys Isobel, who died a spinster in 1951.  The brother George Henry appears to have gone to Canada also and died in 1950 in British Columbia..he appears to have married an Ellen Stocks.

I would be looking for Moubrays in BC.

Andy

Edited by HolymoleyRE

Hi Andy, Yes that all fits I think. I will go back and take a better look on Ancestry now that I have the Canadian connection pretty well confirmed.

Thanks again

Dave