Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

P1907 assistance with pommel/ unit stamps sought

RGJDEE

Alas I cannot help as my knowledge is small however I am sure some of the very knowledgeable gentlemen on this forum can help 

Another possibility for the 2 K.R could be the 2nd Kumaon Rifles, raised in early 1918 and disbanded by 1923.

Dave.

Well Iwas just getting used to the idea of 2nd Kashmir Rifles 

what a journey from Sheffield ? To the sub continent and who knows where before ending up in back in the UK 

9 minutes ago, RGJDEE said:

Well Iwas just getting used to the idea of 2nd Kashmir Rifles 

what a journey from Sheffield ? To the sub continent and who knows where before ending up in back in the UK 

Found a list of Indian army regiments served in ww1, and there aren't too many possibilities for K.R., these bayonets can certainly be puzzles at times...fun trying to unravel them though.

Certainly an oddity! But general impressions are (NOT that I collect these things!) yes, an 'Indian' marking...

But it is a 1917 'WILKINSON' make, with the 'PALL MALL' scrubbed out, which - to my mind - indicates post-Great War issue. And that clearance hole is over-large isn't it?  

43 minutes ago, trajan said:

Certainly an oddity! But general impressions are (NOT that I collect these things!) yes, an 'Indian' marking...

But it is a 1917 'WILKINSON' make, with the 'PALL MALL' scrubbed out, which - to my mind - indicates post-Great War issue. And that clearance hole is over-large isn't it?  

Hadn't noticed the clearing hole size, but as you mention it does appear a little larger than normal...these things can be impossible to pin down, especially when they have an Indian connection.

Regards,

Dave.