Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Basil H. Chichester Constable

Doctord84

Can anyone please help me puzzle out the lower line on this page from the pension record of Basil Henry Chichester Constable (variously Lt. in the East Riding Yeomanry, NCO/Private in the Grenadier Guards, King's Liverpool Regiment, MGC and RASC). To say the least he had an interesting military career and a rather colourful personal life as well, including a host of disciplinary offences, a civilian court conviction for fraud and a rather messy divorce. 

This page in his pension record relates to a serious gun shot wound in the jaw sustained in july 1916, which required reconstructive surgery and the provision of dentures.

The upper line is fairly clear - G.S.W., jaw, fracture united....furlough. Can't make out the bottom line, except maybe "symptoms"

thanks

David5a6cee10c548a_BHCCpensionrecordp12-Copy.jpg.b296635fddae5be7f6fad4b43698ddf2.jpg

I can't make out the wording for the notes other than "symptoms" as the first word on the second line, (so possibly "symptoms cause"), but I suspect the diagnosis is the common one of P.U.O. or Pyrexia of Unknown Origin - the patient is running a temperature and displaying signs of a fever but the doctor doesn't know why!

Cheers,

Peter

• 11 months later...