Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

An Evening with 'The History Guy'.

MikeyH

Coming soon to a venue near you, from the 2nd. June onwards Dan Snow will be on tour.

The 'Times' ad. says, 'Dan will include historical facts and stories relating to each area

and town on this exclusive tour'.

Like him or not, he does seem to have mass appeal and is able to bring a popular touch

to history and attract a new audience, who will possibly go on to seek out more information on

the contribution of their family to military matters.

Mike.

Edited by MikeyH

I did a little bit of work with Dan late last year and very much enjoyed being (briefly) part of his team.  I am sure that the roadshow will be popular.

Some stonking venues. Real Stadium Tour. Bon Jovi eat your heart out.

I am not sure which is the most stinking though, Bromsgrove or Scunthorpe?

1 hour ago, Steven Broomfield said:

Some stonking venues. Real Stadium Tour. Bon Jovi eat your heart out.

So you'll be down the front with the other headbangers playing air guitar with your head in the speakers?

2 minutes ago, David Filsell said:

He also attracts a critical mass!

He certainly makes some people go nuclear. Whenever he is mentioned on the forum I think of that scene in 'Wallace and Gromit - the Curse of the Were Rabbit' where the locals queue up to get their angry mob supplies.......

Pete.

I see he's appearing at the City Varieties in Leeds; since that's where they did The Good Old Days, I wonder if he will be appearing in an appropriate costume.  Sadly Leonard Sachs will not be present to act as chairman.

30 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

Blimey!

Dan Snow can fill the Bernabeu?

Perhaps the Eastleigh japester means he'd been on the stadium tour; exit through the gift shop, minature European egg cups, FC Barcelona dartboards, discount posters of Ronaldo pre botox (or he's had work).  I'm sure the Snowman would turn his nose up at such tat, he's got his own Treaty of Versailles after all. Now how many of us can say that?

Pete.

You could take the real nuclear option: Shappi Khorshandi is also doing a tour. Can you imagine having to decide?