Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Dysentery statistics

mancpal

Could somebody advise me if there  are any stats regarding troops affected by dysentery  and where I could find them please.

simon

The Official History of the Great War - Medical Series is online at archive.org. I cannot recall whether there is a Statistics volume but the stats are probably in the Diseases volume (cannot recall if there are 1 or 2).

Apologies for accidental strikethrough!

Thank you Ken for doing the look-up!

Thanks for the information ,  the subject is not something I have time currently to investigate though thanks for identifying  where to look when the time arises

Simon

Edited by mancpal

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mancpaul

Apart from looking at printed sources, when you have time you might like to look at divisional war diaries for the Assistant Director Medical Services.

The particular one I  have been looking at was for 2 Division in 1916, downloaded from the TNA - £3.50 per item. It goes into considerable detail about the conditions being treated.

Clear Bell, 

thanks for your advice. Hoping to devote some time to research later this week,

Simon

Thanks Maureen,  

• 2 weeks later...

Simon,

Not exactly statistics but I've extracted some dysentry information from DMS 4th Army diary. I also noticed a small number of sheets (not included) giving Admissions of infectious diseases but I doubt there were more than 6 men with suspected dysentry or dysentry (Shigs).

TEW