Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Red Cross POW cards - MUTATION

Dazscuba

Can anybody tell me the Page numbers (start) that shows the repatriation of POWs. 

I found it earlier and looked Thro hundreds of pages some being un injured but a large number with injuries and the hospital they had been taken to? 

Found it by mistake but frustrating as I cannot get back to it. Grrrrrrr

Edited by Dazscuba

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - on one of a group of PoW cards that I am looking at, it is written "MUTATION". Has anyone come across this before and do you know if it means "Transfer" or could it mean something else, does anyone know, please? Thank you!

Jules

5a62173730b62_C_G1_D_15_01_0418_0977_0(2).JPG.464ff2da3d2fb4da9abf7e16a1d03c78.JPG

21 minutes ago, RosyRedd said:

Hi - on one of a group of PoW cards that I am looking at, it is written "MUTATION". Has anyone come across this before and do you know if it means "Transfer" or could it mean something else, does anyone know, please? Thank you!

Jules

5a62173730b62_C_G1_D_15_01_0418_0977_0(2).JPG.464ff2da3d2fb4da9abf7e16a1d03c78.JPG

According to Google, transfer or posting would be an appropriate English translation from the French.

Craig

From the colour of the card it could well be from the German series. If that is the case my Duden dictionary states that Mutation is Swiss-German for  Änderung or Wandlung meaning modification or alteration. 

Charlie

That's great thanks very much charlie2. It is from the German series. I didn't think about that when I posted the image up. To be honest, I the cards would all be identical -  am a bit green when it comes to records, etc relating to WW1. Thanks again for the help :-)

Jules

• spof changed the title to Red Cross POW cards - MUTATION