Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Is 14 Sta, 14 Field Ambulance? From a casualty form, service record

Dragoon

Hello good people of the forum,

My Great Grandfathers (3646 Sgt William Brown 117th Bty RFA) Service record has a casualty form on it ( attached ), ICT hand 13/11/14, 14 Sta Boulogne.

I have recently found medical records on FMP for WW1 soldiers and i've found 14 Field ambulance for 1914, is this the same unit? If so, i cannot find him anywhere on the record books, maybe i have missed it, or its the wrong unit anyway.

If someone could help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Chris 

PS its page 2 of the download, sorry could not separate them

SOlivetti 217010510321.pdf  

Edited by Dragoon

Hi,

14 Sta Boulogne is likely 14 Stationary Hospital Boulogne rather than 14 Field Ambulance - which was part of 5th Division - and would be likely much closer to the fighting units than a Stationary Hospital.

http://www.longlongtrail.co.uk/army/regiments-and-corps/british-base-hospitals-in-france/

Steve

Edited by tullybrone

Thanks Chris and Steve for your replies, that makes sense! Are there casualty record books for that unit on line or anywhere else?

Chris

Hi,

If the admission register isn’t on FMP it likely no longer exists.

IIRC FMP digitised the small percentage of admission registers that were retained post WW1 and are in MH106 files at UK National Archives.

Steve

Thanks Steve, 

Shame though, it would have been nice to have another record with his name on, not with regard to the circumstances though!!

Cheers

Chris

Location of hospitals and casualty clearing stations, BEF 1914-1919 compiled by the Ministry of Pensions.  

Shows that 14th Stationary Hospital was in Boulogne from 24/06/1919 to 31/01/1920

7E8B4942-359A-44CA-82CE-22F4A6FE368F.jpeg