Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Armchair General' Magazine

Mark Hone

I picked up a couple of issues of this in the 'States. It sometimes has interesting articles. Does anyone know of someone who stocks it in the UK? Possibly branches of Barnes and Noble might occasionally have it in their massive magazine sections. Unfortunately Manchester doesn't have a branch at the moment and Waterstone's, as yet, haven't got into selling magazines. Odd that, as every Waterstone's-type bookshop I've been to in the USA, Canada and Western Europe seems to have a magazine section.

The editor of the Armchair General is Eric Weider, son of Ben Weider the founder of the Weider body building/weight-lifting corporation based in Montreal. There is a magazine and an associated website.

Eric has a keen interest in modern warfare and is generally on the look-out for good writers and articles.

Possibly branches of Barnes and Noble might occasionally have it in their massive magazine sections.

Have they got UK branches now? I have not come across one.

I have bought books online from B&N in the US when I have not been able to find them in the UK. Good stock, good prices, but slow delivery and shipping costs as much as 50% on top of the book prices, so very much a second option.

Scan the web for 'Seimon Pugh-Jones'. He is a British-based photographer and film maker who works for Armchair General. You'll find his AOL email address quite easily.... ;)