Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

H A Foley, SLI, books

TomW

I am trying to get a copy of H A Foley's two books, Three Years on Active Service, and The Scrap Book of the 7th Somerset Light Infantry.

I have tried Bookfinder etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

'Three years' is very rare , if you are wanting to buy a copy . I've only seen about three copies for sale in the last fifteen years . Tom Donovan had two copies

for sale about ten years ago ( I seem to remember they were the author's own copies ) and another came up for sale on e-bay about two years ago. Libraries

may hold copies (  IWM ? ) but otherwise you just have to keep looking at the usual sites like Amazon , Abe and e-bay and be lucky !

both very scarce indeed very seldom seen 

Should you find a copy  of The Scrapbook of the 7th battalion check that the supplement by Brig Gen. Preston White entitled 'Cambrai' which came as a separate booklet with the main title is present. The 'Three Years on active service' book is in a curious Library style green binding I have seen several copies of this and all were bound the same .

Good Luck              

Hi Guy"s  anyone out there got any info where I might get hold of a Copy Of [JUST LIKE HELL] our local lads at Gallipoli, by Fred Holcroft, I have tried Amazon ebay etc, to no avail, even the Lancs Museum at Preston, sadly no joy,  even the local archives have only one didgitilised copy available to view only at the library, any help would be appreciated Many Thanks in Advance Regards Bear.

just like hell[1555].jpg

• 1 year later...
On 02/12/2017 at 04:25, TomW said:

I am trying to get a copy of H A Foley's two books, Three Years on Active Service, and The Scrap Book of the 7th Somerset Light Infantry.

I have tried Bookfinder etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I recently got a copy of The Scrap Book. If you want some info from it, send me a private message. I tried to find the other one too, but haven't had any luck. Interlibrary loan services at my university library even failed. Have you had any luck?