Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Uniform HAC help badge

P3zi

Ciao,

i'm Paolo form Italy. I am a collector of photos of first world war and admin of this site:

www.grandeguerraphotoarchive.com

I have one little album of B Coy Honourable Artillery Company in Italy.

I'm digitizing and study the photos i'll post on the my site in the next few days.

Some soldiers have a badge i can not indentify and i asked for your help.

Grazie

Paolo

SB.jpg

treccia.jpg

First photo - SB is a stretcher bearers brassard (armband).

Second photo is a lanyard - usually had a clasp knife attached and kept in the to left pocket.

The second photo has a lovely shot of what I assume is a bomber's badge. very nice. Can we see the whole album when it's digitised, please?

Grazie Squirrel e Steven.

But exactly what did the lanyard point out? Was it an instance of rank or role or something else?

As soon as I published the photos I will post the link to my site. It's a matter of a few days.

Grazie

Paolo

the lanyard does not denote rank. it was usually for attatching clasp knife or whistle.

4 hours ago, Steven Broomfield said:

The second photo has a lovely shot of what I assume is a bomber's badge. very nice. Can we see the whole album when it's digitised, please?

IIRC this is part of the HAC NCO's rank insignia, as per GG and RE.

• 3 months later...

Thank you so much for this link, my Grandfather ,Private John Walter Brandon is on the photo of the 5th Platoon,1st row , 3rd from right. We have this photo but have never known where it was taken. He was killed on 24th October 1918 at Grave di Papadopoli and is buried at the CWGC cemetery at Tezze. This summer we are retracing his footsteps , and will try and visit the site of the photo, many thanks

Edited by Lizzywhitt

• 1 year later...
Il 23/03/2018 alle 17:37, Lizzywhitt ha dichiarato:

Grazie mille per questo link, mio nonno, il soldato John Walter Brandon è sulla foto del 5 ° plotone, 1a fila, 3a da destra. Abbiamo questa foto ma non abbiamo mai saputo dove è stata scattata. Fu ucciso il 24 ottobre 1918 alla Tomba di Papadopoli e fu sepolto nel cimitero del CWGC a Tezze. Quest'estate stiamo ripercorrendo i suoi passi e proveremo a visitare il sito della foto, molte grazie

Ciao Lizzywhitt, mi scuso per il grande ritardo con cui rispondo, ma noto solo il tuo messaggio ora. Sono molto contento che tu abbia riconosciuto tuo nonno e aggiornerò sicuramente la pagina inserendo il nome di tuo nonno. I nomi degli altri soldati nella foto che hai? Non siamo nei nostri e vorremmo dare un nome ad ogni volto di questi coraggiosi soldati. Grazie mille e ancora le mie scuse. Paolo

Ciao Paulo, I'm afraid I don't have any other names for the photo but thanks to you we were able to visit the site of the original photo in the summer of 2018

Regards Lizzywhitt , 

2 hours ago, Lizzywhitt said:

Ciao Paulo, I'm afraid I don't have any other names for the photo but thanks to you we were able to visit the site of the original photo in the summer of 2018

Regards Lizzywhitt , 

Hi Lizzywhitt,
I didn't understand what your grandfather is. The number 11 or the number 25?

HAC07AM -.jpg