Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Manipled Mutineer

War Diary of 95th Machine Gun Company, September 1916

Manipled Mutineer

Dear all, I am hopig that someone may be able to help.me with the abovementioned war diary. If anyone has a copy (or even just the pages for 3-7 September around the time of the Battle of Guillemont) and could share them with me I'd be immensely grateful in connection with a man I'm researching who was with that company and would have gone missing around  those dates.

Many thanks, Anthony 

David_Underdown

TNA here http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7352298 (should also be findable on Ancestry).  Key thing for machine gun companies is to search for the infantry brigade and "brigade machine gun company", so in this case WO 95 "95 infantry brigade" "brigade machine gun company"

Manipled Mutineer

David, thanks very much and apologies for the delay in acknowledging,  I used to get reply notifications in my inbox, but obviously not any more! Will follow up.

Regards, Anthony 

DavidOwen

My thanks also to David as this allowed me to locate the diary for 102nd Company