Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ecoust St Mein trench map

Ancre1917

Does anyone have a copyright free trench map of the Ecoust St Mein/Bullecourt area for spring 1918?

I'm trying to put together an account of the 2 North Staffordshire Regiment battalions who were in action there on 21 March 1918

Thanks in advance

Richard

Several on the WFA Mapping the Front DVDs,  either

Somme 57C and 57D Disc 2

or

Arras 51B and 51C Disc 2

e.g. 1:20,000    M_5_000123.jpg    1    51B SW & 51B SE & 57C NW & 57c NE [parts of]        HENDECOURT    Jan 1918    07/03/1918        Enemy organisation 16/1/1918    Trenches corrected to 21/1/1918, Positions 7/3/1918        

Howard

Thanks, Howard, but I need something I can use in an article I'm writing for our local newspaper to commemorate the local men from the Potteries who were killed, wounded or captured that day.  As the paper is a commercial enterprise, I assume that the copyright would be a problem with these, even though I won't be paid for the content.  If someone has their own copies of these, I imagine they would be OK.

Richard

47 minutes ago, Longton1971 said:

Thanks, Howard, but I need something I can use in an article I'm writing for our local newspaper to commemorate the local men from the Potteries who were killed, wounded or captured that day.  As the paper is a commercial enterprise, I assume that the copyright would be a problem with these, even though I won't be paid for the content.  If someone has their own copies of these, I imagine they would be OK.

Richard

All you need is IWM permission, it should be free.

Howard