Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German howitzer: 15cm sfh 13 - War Trophy Restoration & Conservation

Geoffrey

Hello to all,

I am requesting the assistance of fellow forum members for the following:

Recently, the City of Brantford, Ontario, Canada has agreed to restore our 15cm sfh 13 German war trophy.  In order to make sure we do a proper job of it, we are looking for the service manual that went with this gun or any type of schematics etc.  Does anyone here have a PDF copy of this that they are willing to share?

Moreover, has anyone here taken on such a project and are willing to pass on any advice?

As you can see from the attached image, this howitzer needs a lot of work – especially having the correct spokes added to the wheels.

Cheers,

Geoffrey

war_trophy_-_schwere_feldhaubitze_13_15_cm_sfh_13_colour.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Geffrey-  I have a friend who lives in Monroe, MI who restored one for the city of Coldwater, MI.  German wheels are a ****** to make but he has repaired several pair, using the original tires.  You would also need to find a skilled welder to patch those rusted out areas in the trail.

Regards, 3.2

• 2 months later...

Hallo Geoffrey!

A friend of mine restored the same weapon system a few years back;  15cm sFH 13.   He has a website:  LovettArtillery.com.   This is one of dozens of pieces he has faithfully restored over the years.   (All his pieces are fully functional and are fired periodically.)

He very much enjoys the hobby and will respond to your communication.

Jack Müller/28juni14