Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

11 Field Amblulance

Dazscuba

I am looking for the location that 11 Field Ambulance on the date of 03 Oct 1917 and any photos of the above please?

Hi,

Their war diary is here at the National Archives or here on Ancestry (currently offering free access to military records for the next couple of days, I believe). Depending on what you're looking for, it might also be worth looking at the diary for the Assistant Director Medical Services, 4 Division - available from both sources.

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris 

Local library do Ancestry for free so am booked in next week to look for a solider so will look at the same time. How will I search 11 FA though is it not just people?

Hi,

The link above should take you straight through to the diary. Failing that the Ancestry search page is here. The easiest way to find the diary is then is to put 1475/1 into the keyword search field as an exact term. 

As well as Ancestry, Findmypast also have the service papers for Soldiers that have survived, and the image quality is usually much better, though they don't have all the records that Ancestry have. FMP are also offering free access for a couple of days - click here for some info.

Regards

Chris

Worth noting that ancestry in libraries has different links to ancestry.co.uk. Library versions start https://www.ancestrylibrary.com/interactive/blah blah blah etc

I've had trouble putting ancestry library links into posts which I think stems from which browser is being used to view and click the link and then the default browser tries to open the link which doesn't open correctly.

In the library there should be a dedicated 'ancestrylibrary.com' desktop icon which needs to be opened first. The ancestrylibrary link you need should be this one which probably won't open properly.

There are a number of workarounds but the simplest is to start the ancestry library version with the dedicated desktop icon, copy the full link below and paste it into the address bar.

https://www.ancestrylibrary.com/interactive/60779/43112_1475_0-00299?pid=414315&backurl=https://search.ancestrylibrary.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_phsrc%3DIQd3%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource%26usePUBJs%3Dtrue%26indiv%3D1%26db%3DUKWarDiariesWWI%26gss%3Dangs-d%26new%3D1%26rank%3D1%26MS_AdvCB%3D1%26msydm%3D10%26msydm_x%3D1%26msydy%3D1917%26msydy_x%3D1%26gskw%3D1475/1%26gskw_x%3D1%26MSAV%3D2%26uidh%3Dal8%26pcat%3D39%26fh%3D0%26h%3D414315%26recoff%3D%26ml_rpos%3D1&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=IQd3&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true

For some odd reason you may have to do this twice.

TEW