Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Under Arms for the Kaiser: Shoulder Insignia of the Imperial German Army’s Regiments, 1871-1918

Rum Ration

A must have for anyone interested in WW I German shoulder boards.

Under Arms for the Kaiser; Shoulder Insignia of the Imperial German Army’s Regiments, 1871-1918 

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Edited by Rum Ration

Looks fun! Shoulderboards sometimes show in photographs and it will be handy to have a volume that deals with these.

Any idea if the author assess how many of these 'shoulderboard' blanket-type displays ever existed? I have always thought of them as a USA type of thing, but there is one in the IWM which was put together by a British unit.

• 1 year later...

I can't find this book anywhere! Do anybody know of a source to buy this book anywhere?

Uh. No thanks. Why can't they publish a 2nd edition?:(  Any other similar books that are a lot cheaper available? I'm a newbie in this area. Sick of WW2. I've seen a few books on amazon but its very hard to determine which are good and which are poor references. 

Edited by Pete Sadlon

The books written by Jürgen Kraus are very interesting for German uniforms and equiment of WWI.

2 hours ago, Pete Sadlon said:

Uh. No thanks. Why can't they publish a 2nd edition?:(

Pete,

I don't know anything about this book but there does seem to be a second edition in the offing?  Have a look here:

https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Under_Arms_for_the_Kaiser_2nd_Edition.html?id=ytyjwgEACAAJ&redir_esc=y

Regards,

Michael.

• 3 months later...

A revised expanded 2nd edition of 100 copies had been printed.

23 hours ago, Rum Ration said:

A revised expanded 2nd edition of 100 copies had been printed.

Do you have the link to any booksellers carrying the revised edition? Thanks Mark