Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Urgent help with photos for temporary signposts on battle field

Eran Tearosh

Last minute project:

We have a ceremony planned to commemorate the Battle of El-Mughar ridge, on the actual date - November 13th. 

I'm trying to find immediately good quality photos or painting (That won't be too pixeled when enlarged) of the EEF's forces

involved - The Yeomanry Mounted Division (6th Brigade - Bucks, Berks & Dorset regiments) and the 52nd Division (155

brigade). Preferably - connected to this battle and/or the Southern offensive of the Palestine Campaign (Nov-Dec 1917). 

Please PM me, and I'll send email address.

It really is urgent - Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Eran 

I will contact the Dorset Yeomanry for you.

59fb866f69c38_greatgrampascott.png.cc8ed71808e2ca028f7dc159dfa952a1.png this is a post card sent by my great grandfather from Palestine. He was with RHA, he was from Ayr so may have been attached to the ANZAC mounted div. don't know if this is any use to you. Hope will be 

Thank you Kirsteen,

Great Photo! From the background, I assume this photo was taken in Cairo. Is there a date?

Can you give a few details about the people? Full names, ranks etc.? Which is your great grandfather? 

Alan H. Smith wrote a book titled Allenby's Gunners, published in Australia in 2016. It's about the British

Royal Horse Artillery units that were attached to the Australian Light Horse and the New-Zealand Mounted

Rifles regiments. Among these RHA batteries was also the Ayrshire battery. 

Eran