Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frank Wiltshire Perry Canadian Army Corps of Military Staff Clerks Died 06/11/1918

ATNOMIS

Pals.

After details on Frank Wiltshire Perry 109163 H.Q. Staff, Mil. District 13. Canadian Army Corps of Military Staff Clerks Died 06/11/1918 Aged

CWGC

Born April 26, 1893Sussex, England Birth Index. Son of Frank Herbert and Lucy Fanny Perry, of Heath End Farm, Nuffield, Henley-on-Thames, England.

Died of Infuenza.

I have him on the  1901  and 1911 census.

Canadian Great War Project I'm not sure what this meams

Globe and Mail death notice states that he died in Calgary, Alberta and was given a Military funeral at St. John's Anglican church in York Mills on Monday November 18, 1918.

Prior military service had been with the Governor General's Body Guard and the witness and approver to his Attestation were WW Denison and Delamare - both important family names associated with the GGBG. 

Joining Papers

RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 7747 - 69

I'm after his journey to Canada his work leading to joining up and his movements serving.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Edited by ATNOMIS

Hi,

You May want to revisit the LAC database as his full digitised service file is available - see below. They are now well into the letter R

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B7747-S069

Steve Y

Simon,

LAC is digitizing the WWI sevice records. They shoukd be up to the "P"s soon. Failing that, a researcher might be able to access them now.

All the best,

Gary

• 2 years later...