Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"T" over Title.

Rob Bulloch

I have a pair of titles from the 4th Cameron. The 'T' has been cut off ( Or was it a separate "T" ?) was there a set time for territorials to remove the "T"? or did they just remove the title altogether.

Regards Rob B.

I think later war all Terrier units stopped wearing the T, though ?I assume some continued to wear them if they had them.

Jerry B Thank you for the post. I should add that the top of the "4" has a very neat finish which made me think the "T" may have been separate   Cheers Rob. B

Remember a lot of the T over titles came as multi part items, with separate T's, numerals and unit designation, whilst others came as one piece items.

Westlake lists this as a one piece title T/4/CAMERON. If the 'T' was separate the so would be the '4' making it a 3 piece title. I do have a pair of T/4/SURREY titles where the 'T' has been removed....I also have a number of 'T's that have clearly been cut from such titles.

Could one or both of the Ts have been broken off? I have heard that three layer titles could be broken over time. (The second removed to make a matching pair?)

RM

Thank You. RM, Jerry B and jay dubaya. for your in-put. even without the "T" they are they are a nice pair. I could always get a couple of "T"  and silver solder them on to the 4 over curved Cameron?   Cheers Rob B.

At the moment your STs are perfectly genuine- If you were to add to them it would not be a period repair -you would know that- and in the future if viewed by others it might cast doubt on them.  A point of view to consider. Regards, Paul.

Wardog,  Before you posted I had a bit of a re-think, and yes I think you are correct.  Rob B.