Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German TV - German documentaries

TGM

Apologies if this has already been posted in the deep recesses of time.

Whilst looking for free German TV online I came across the following:

German Language TV (via DANK)

As an example of what is available I searched for entries on the First World War  (Erste Weltkrieg) on ARD Mediathek  much of which,  and more, may already be on You Tube.

NB There are plenty of other directories of German TV channels with advice on how to access them legally and with technical advice on subtitle download pages etc.

Edited by TGM

Hello!

As a German I cannot recommend whatching german TV. If you´re into football, that´s ok, but please avoid german documentaries about history or war!

This time we have a witch-hunt against anything that has something to do with military. I mean, every doumentaion about the FIRST world war includes Hitler, Wehrmacht and so on. "Wilhelm I in 1870 led the way to the holocaust in the 40s" That´s one example what we have to listen in german docu TV...

The docus about the 1st world war are so wrong documentated, that you can´t listen to!

Well, the recordings are very good, if there only would be no accustical comments...

You could better watch this site:

http://www.filmportal.de/videos?page=2&subject[0]=689

If some of you understand german, here is a really brilliant docu about the battle of the Marne! (you have to switch to the start)

Edited by The Prussian

Unfortunately not...

That´s only a big illusion

Thank you for the suggestions/comments.

I'm more interested in impressions and images/photos etc rather than whether they are factually correct. IMHO every country has its own view of history and all are one-eyed to some degree. That bias speaks volumes...

Edited by TGM