Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help Needed. London Gazette Search.

17107BM

Hello all. 

After many attempts i have failed to find the articles relating to Capt. John William Millar AIF. Mentioned in Despatches in the London Gazette. Number 30107, Cert Number 2627.

View digital copy .

Any Help welcome on this.

Thanks in advance.

Gary.

Hello charlie2.

And first off, thanks for your help. Quite why I could not get the search engine to work for me on the London Gazette site I will never know. Your link to the AWM site is an added bonus, cheers for that also.

Just to give you some back ground to this, a Pal and I attended the Centenary service for the Battle of Messines in June at Strand Military Cemetery. After the event there was to be a reception at the near by visitors centre, initially we did not intend to pay the reception a visit, but changed our minds and glad we did. While in conversation with others at the reception I came across a gentleman who,s Grandfather was Capt Millar, killed on the first day of the Messines Battle. My Grandfather being his Sergeant for good part of his time. What are the chances of that?

So, David Millar and myself with friends will be meeting up in London in October. He coming the greater distance from Western Australia. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks again Pal.

G.T.Keenan.

Gary,

clicking on the various headings in the AWM rolls produces his MiD citation and statements by witnesses of his death

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/awm-media/collection/RCDIG1053267/document/5640938.PDF

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/awm-media/collection/RCDIG1068750/document/5516231.PDF

Charlie

charlie2.

Can not thank you enough. Very good of you to take time to help me. As you can imagine on the weekend of the 15th of October you will be getting a mention as our visitors view this.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers Sir