Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SOLDIERS DIED 1914-19 CD-ROM

pioneecorps

Anyone use one and what do you think of them, I was thinking of buying one from Naval & Military Press in their summer sale at £120, I placed it in the basket went to check out put my details in and they added VAT £24, which with postage came to £147.

Gerwyn

Most definitely don't bother, unless you're undertaking a long term research project, then maybe.

As Craig points out, Ancestry has it, most libraries will have free access.

Derek.

Thank you Craig and Derek for your kind help with this, Ancestry or the Library the way to go.

Gerwyn 

I bought one several years ago. It works fine but I hardly use it. CWGC can give half a story but just every now and again I use the cd, which is searchable, to get more. At the price you really have to have a need such as a lot or research otherwise one has to question the value. 

• 5 years later...
On 25/08/2017 at 12:33, Jim Strawbridge said:

I bought one several years ago. It works fine but I hardly use it. CWGC can give half a story but just every now and again I use the cd, which is searchable, to get more. At the price you really have to have a need such as a lot or research otherwise one has to question the value. 

Thank you Jim, sorry for the late reply

Gerwyn

I used the link to its Naval & Military press page, but it appears the product is now discontinued. As I understand it, this information is available via FindMyPast, Ancestry & ForcesWar Records, which has probably led to a decline in persons happy to buy a Windows XP compatible CD-ROM.