Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
penfold

Battle of Jutland Crew Lists Project

penfold

A small team of volunteers are endeavouring to recreate the Battle of Jutland crew lists.

There is now a project website at:

www.jutlandcrewlists.org

Edited by penfold
providing link in correct format

seaJane

You realise that you share a name with the Staff Surgeon aboard BARHAM? :)

ARABIS

Find my past already have a search facility for Jutland servicemen.

penfold

Arabis: You are correct but it is limited in its scope. It does not include sailors that were in the service before 1899. There are also some errors.  If there are two ratings on a service record page [usually with SS numbers] there is the possibility that the wrong one is included, or they are both included even if the rating was not on the ship being reviewed.

It certainly is a good starting block, but not complete.

ARABIS
5 minutes ago, penfold said:

Arabis: You are correct but it is limited in its scope. It does not include sailors that were in the service before 1899. There are also some errors.  If there are two ratings on a service record page [usually with SS numbers] there is the possibility that the wrong one is included, or they are both included even if the rating was not on the ship being reviewed.

It certainly is a good starting block, but not complete.

Ok penfold, thanks for your explanation. I have eleven Jutland names that I have checked, so I will send their details to your website later today.

Regards,

ARABIS.  

lucycutler

Hi, I just came across your post and thought you might like details of my Grandfather 226878 Arthur Thomas Harding. He was a Jutland veteran on HMS Thunderer.  Here's a picture of him (wearing his GS medal with Persian Gulf bar) along with my Grandmother.  I have his medals, Princess Mary 'tin', his original service record and various other photos, all which I'm happy to share. 

Lucy

1647698806_GrannyGrandadHarding.jpg.0807344924b9613d5a052d8af60c5e82.jpg1456083310_Thundererxmaspostcard.jpg.5b9dc11713b877a7b06e77038e59201e.jpg

penfold

Thank you. Here is the HMS Thunderer Crew List at the Battle of Jutland. 

www.jutlandcrewlists.org/thunderer

best regards,

Trevor