Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thomas Mcgee Looking for his brother

marine pete

Thomas McGee KIA 2/9/1918 Service No 200768 enlisted Wakefield  age 22 koyli 2/4Batt Son of Patrick & Sarahann McGee of 21 Georges Square Warrengate Wakefield trying to find his brother Joseph killed 1916? will he be on the 1901 censes Best Regards Peter.

57 minutes ago, charlie962 said:

Pete,

Joseph is on the 1901 Census but not the 1911. What makes you think he died in 1916?

Charlie

Charlie. I Know he was possible killed 14/7/1916 service No11681 SDGW have down as Magee he also had a brother called Patrick.

Regards Peter

On the 1911 census, the family are at the same address (except father Patrick died in 1910).

Thomas is there, Joseph now appears to be called John, and there are three younger siblings.

Possibly, John died in 1968.

5 hours ago, marine pete said:

Charlie. I Know he was possible killed 14/7/1916 service No11681 SDGW have down as Magee he also had a brother called Patrick.

Pete, The 1911 Census for the Mcgee household at St Georges Square shows that Sarah ann McGee is a widow with 5 surviving children from 10 who were born  .All 5 surviving children are listed. Given that we are seeing the form as filled in by the family, I would presume that the names are correct. There is no son Patrick and no son Joseph. Are we looking at the right family?

Charlie

Charlie. thank you for the information. is it possible to find the ages of the 5 surviving  children and names Best Regards Peter.

Hi Peter,

In the 1911 census, the residents were Sarahann (42), Thomas (13), John (11), Edward (9), Henry (6), and Mary Hilda (2) - all born in Wakefield.

Regards

Chris