Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What happened to his medals?

KIRKY

Teddie Pegnall he was a Lance Corporal 205905 with the 6th battalion Northamptonshire regiment.

Been asked if there is any way of finding out what happened to his medals.

I wonder if there is any way to see if his medals were claimed and by whom. Know he was only married a short time and his wife remarried about 6 weeks after his death

Tony

The medals would have been sent out automatically after the war to whoever was registered as his next of kin at the time.

There is nothing on his Medal Index Card to say they were undelivered or returned.

For the benefit of those of us who don't do Facebook, could you post a few facts about his widow and her re-marriage?

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

36 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

The medals would have been sent out automatically after the war to whoever was registered as his next of kin at the time.

There is nothing on his Medal Index Card to say they were undelivered or returned.

For the benefit of those of us who don't do Facebook, could you post a few facts about his widow and her re-marriage?

Hi thats all the info I have, will ask if anything else known, thanks for info.

Tony

Hello

To help with searching....

[Listed as Teddie Pegnell on SDGW] Lance Corporal 205905, 6th Battalion, Northamptonshire Regiment. Died of wounds 2 November 1918. Enlisted cambridge. Formarly 4069, Cambridgeshire Regiment and 305327, Hertfordshire Yeomanry. Buried in ABBEVILLE COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION, Somme, France. Plot V. Row A. Grave 10.

Also found this

Surname  First name(s)  Spouse  District     

Marriages Mar 1918   
Pegnall  Teddie  Cracknell  Woodbridge

Edited by johnmelling1979
info

His spouse was called Lucy I Cracknell

She remarried as of last Qtr of 1919 to some one with the surname of RAMSEY

Hope this may help ;P

Cheers

John

Thanks John

So they were married for only 8 months, and she re-married a year after his death, not 6 weeks after as per the OP.

If I was looking for the medals, my first assumption would be that they were issued to her.

Thanks guys will pass this info on to them.

Tony