Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

r.a.m.c Thomas James Kiley

BIFFO

A gwf member has helped me with this man

what does this MIC mean ?

can any one find the service record of this chap ?

what's an RFA.T lance bomber reg no 725976

KILEY .jpg

Royal Field Artillery, and T = Territorials.

I think.

Note Territorial Forces (TF) medal instead of Victory Medal.

British War Medal and 1915 Star as mostly usual.

Theatre of War 2B = Gallipoli & Aegean Islands.

Edited by seaJane
Added info

And he changed from being a Private RAMC to a Gunner Royal Artillery, picking up a second service number on the way (which is his service record, as far as I know). Do you have anything on the other side of the card?

Thanks SJ,I have the chaps 15 star not territorial force medal ?,victory and bwm,didnt know he went to Gallipoli,bit odd changing from R.A.M.C to R.A,

re the card nope I don't have the card.

BTW I see the new aircraft carrier has been trialed and is due in to Portsmouth end Aug,may come down and see if the still/west survives 

:poppy:

Hi,

The TF were renumbered in 1917. His 4 digit number is a pre 1917 RAMC (TF) one. His 6 digit number is a post 1916 artillery (TF) one. The number block allocations can be seen on the LLT here. If he had stayed with the RAMC he would have still been renumbered, but out of a different number block. He would not have been eligible for the TFWM, as one of the qualifications, was that the person wasn't eligible for one of the Star awards. Lance Bombardier is a artillery rank equivalent to Lance Corporal in the infantry. Unfortunately, I didn't see a surviving service file.

Regards

Chris

1 hour ago, BIFFO said:

BTW I see the new aircraft carrier has been trialed and is due in to Portsmouth end Aug

Making her first entry probably early in the morning Friday 18 August, if you want to come down you'd better get in several days before as it's going to be crowded by all accounts. :) (I knew someone who was on VANGUARD's bridge last time the Still & West nearly copped it). /end of diversion from GW.

Edited by seaJane