The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

help with wounded grandfather

baguley

Hi
Not sure if anyone can help as I have very little information.   I am trying to work out were my grandfather was when he was  wounded in WW1  his medal card gives France as place of war he enlisted 24/2/1915 and disembarked 9/6/1915.

In a letter dated March/April of 1916 his brother  writes of  my  brother   (my grandfather) and that he had been wounded in action last November but was now well and back at the front. My grandfather was in the R.A.M.C .so in something like six month he was wounded and he recovered enough to go back to war is there a way to find out what was happening in France in the November of that year

Thank you

Shelagh

Hello

Put on here as much information as you can, name, rank, regiment etc and I'm sure some information can be found

Thanks

John

What was his name and service number, might help as someone could track down a record if one survived and it may contain the dates.

32 minutes ago, johnmelling1979 said:
hello

Grandfather was Thomas Mcgarragan  unit  R.A.M.C  his number was 45267 rank pte.  I have his medal card  and I applied for his  service records a few years ago and was told they were part of the burnt records  and that nothing on Thomas had  survives.
I have all the details of his brother so its just Thomas i need help with  I  am sorry to say that all  the information I  have other than he was wounded in the November of 1915
Shelagh