Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

bradford soldier

Sgt Stripes

Hello There. I am trying to research Driver 127652 Wilfred Stevenson RFA. He died in Salonika on 27.10.1917 while serving with 129th Bde, Ammunition Col and is buried in Doiran Military Cemetery. He was the son of Mark and Martha Stevenson of 31 Lilian St , Sticker Lane , Bradford. Doiran Military Cemetery is considered to be a front line Cemetery so I was wondering if he was badly wounded and died or KIA. Dose any one have a war diary for this unit that might mention a action or can supply any information regarding his death. Many Thanks   

5 minutes ago, Sgt Stripes said:

Hello There. I am trying to research Driver 127652 Wilfred Stevenson RFA. He died in Salonika on 27.10.1917 while serving with 129th Bde, Ammunition Col and is buried in Doiran Military Cemetery. He was the son of Mark and Martha Stevenson of 31 Lilian St , Sticker Lane , Bradford. Doiran Military Cemetery is considered to be a front line Cemetery so I was wondering if he was badly wounded and died or KIA. Dose any one have a war diary for this unit that might mention a action or can supply any information regarding his death. Many Thanks   

The effects records don't give any reason but SDGW states 'died' - which usually means the death wasn't from enemy action (or wounds caused by).

Craig

Wilfred died of Bronco-Pneumonia on the 27th /10/17

See the  CWGC register 

Regards Ray

Many thanks for the replies . I missed the CWGC register.