Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

38th General Hospital, Salonika

kelly

Hi all,

Currently researching one of the 8 Beechey boys Eric who served at the 38th General Hospital in Salonika from July 1917 onwards.

Are their any experts who know of a war diary or indeed any document giving details regarding the hospital that can help with my research.

Regards

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 18:48, clk said:

Hi Kelly,

The National Archives has a copy (see here).Unfortunately, it's not available for download yet.

Regards

Chris

Hi and good morning Chris, many thanks for your help.

Garry

• 7 months later...

Hello kelly,  I wonder if you have had a chance to read the war diary of the 38th General Hospital. I ask because I intend to read it in the next month or so - my grandfather Robert Richard Williams served as a private at the 38th GH (near Kapudzilar) between September 1916 and June 1918.He wrote a short  book in Welsh in 1964 which in part covers his time at the 38th GH.

best wishes Mark

Kelly, 

There was a book written about the Beechy brothers, called 'Brothers in War' by Michael Walsh. There is a long excerpt from the book at https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=EPOvl5vYpl0C&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=eric+beechy+australia&source=bl&ots=Rf2e0TwnOm&sig=H7GajK9BfpwnIeuN49NtvIBWLcc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb7bHQ_dfZAhUMAsAKHRA6A6EQ6AEIODAD#v=onepage&q=eric beechy australia&f=false

Regards,

Alf McM