Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ernest Frank Braddick

Perth Digger

G/8347 Ernest William Braddick enlisted on 4 June 1915 in Lambeth and was posted to the 11th RWK. He spent several months in hospital with lung trouble, but tests did not find TB in his sputum. He was nevertheless discharged on 15 January 1916 as unlikely to become an efficient soldier under Para. 392 III CC sickness. He died of TB on 18 December 1918. His Pension record shows clearly that a 100% pension was eventually awarded, after appeal, to cover the time one year prior to the date of appeal up to the date of death. Death was accepted as having been aggravated by his service.

I cannot find him on the CWGC data base.

Should he be a war casualty?

Mike

It says on the pension form the TB was 100% aggravated by service and if you can show he died of TB I'd think you'd have a good chance.

Craig

A death certificate will of course be needed.

Death certificate attached.  TB confirmed.

The fact that I had already got the certificate makes me wonder if I had raised this before, but I can't find any reference to an old thread in a search of the site.

Mike

5972cba12dd1a_DeathCertificateBraddick.pdf

With your permission I will submit this through IFCP. The case will of course remain in your name. Could you pm me to discuss this further.

Chris

Case now submitted on Mike's behalf.