Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Any Help with this collar badge and medal ribbon please

ardyer

http://www.herefordshirehistory.org.uk/archive/bustin-image-collection/military-portraits/160608-g36-342-8jpg#prettyPhoto/0/

In spite of the cracks in the plate I can make out an elephant with a long scroll on the collar badge. An  internet search pointed me in the direction of the West Riding Regiment but elsewhere that has quite a different badge. I know nothing about medals and can't make out a rank insignia on his shoulder.

Churchill's useful collar badge book gives the Elephant & Howdah for the Duke of Wellington's Regiment ( West Riding). An internet search might  confuse that with the Prince of Wales' Own( West Yorkshire) Regiment.

I agree with Tony, there is no doubt that it is the Duke of Wellington's (West Riding) Regiment Officers Service Dress (OSD) Bronze collar badge.

duke-of-wellingtons-regiment-west-riding-fr---with-scroll--bronze-officers-collar-badge.jpg.7d88cbd72dcf3e9cb55588209c17738c.jpg

The medal ribbons the officer is wearing are those of the British War Medal and Victory Medal (as rendered by orthochromatic film):

54c783be-c8a9-4eaf-8a26-3d7cfd2b75c3500x 

Andrew

Thank you for the medal info. Orthochromatic film just adds an extra layer of bafflement to my job, even with the help of a previous thread on the subject